Magento is a platform installed, developed and maintain by more than 250 thousand online retailers all over the world and 26% of all top Alexa million sites. What are the reasons for setting up a store on Magento, instead of elsewhere? We listed few things and basic Magento features, that you can take under your consideration.
- It is a free open-source solution with access to international support. Like this Community Edition Support you can always check.
- Magento is super flexible and can be arrange endlessly to your needs and it grows with your business. So if you plan to successively develop, you should consider Magento.
- To go with Magento you need a hosting service that fits general technical requirements. You can choose either dedicated one or shared. There is also a third option to choose, it is a shared hosting with a root option. Which one you need? It depends mostly from the traffic on your store, number of your SKUs, where you have your DNS registered etc. Final question is as always about the money, that you can spend here. There are many hosting companies all over the world that you can choose from, so you can surly find the best solution here.
- Magento give people the ability to set up their store offline and test all the changes you make.
- Magento products come with Simple, Configurable, Grouped, Bundled, Virtual and Digital Product. You can sell here everything from t-shirts, furniture to music and tickets.
- You can add multiple stores here, different language versions or set up different stores under one admin panel.
- With newest version you can have Responsive Design with a simple click.
- If you’re interested in integrations Magento is the best option for you as it is a powerful engine. You can integrate different kinds of payment, shipping methods, social media tools and all kinds of ERP systems.
- You can change details or big things. It depends from you. Far more you can do with extensive Magento build features and available extensions.
- With that kind of freedom goes difficulties. Being a Magento retailer you may need help with improvements and development, but if it is set right at the beginning, you won’t need that help often. When you decide to develop or change something, you can be calm that it can be done with Magento and skilled developers.
- You don’t pay any per month fees for just having your store. You pay only when you want to customize your Magento, change or improve something.
- Finally as research shows retailers with Magento had higher online sales in between year 2013 and 2014.
If you hungry for more Magento knowledge, here are listed some basic Magento features you can use:
- Analytics and Reporting – the script is integrated with Google Analytics and offers many different reports
- Product browsing – multiple images for products, options for extensive reviews, related products, compare, wishlists and much more
- Catalog browsing – easy navigation, advanced product filtering system, product comparison
- Catalog management – inventory management, batch import and export of products, different tax rates per location, additional product attributes
- Catalog Customer – order status and history, e-mail and RSS feeds for products in the wishlist, newsletter subscription, default billing and shipping address
- Customer Service – enhanced features for customers’ accounts, Contact Us form, comprehensive order tracking and history, customizable order e-mails
- Customer Accounts – enhanced features for customers’ accounts, Contact Us form, comprehensive order tracking and history, customizable order e-mails
- Order Management – create orders through admin area, create multiple invoices shipments and credit memos, call center order creation option.
- Payment – different payment methods: credit cards, PayPal, Authorize.net, Google Checkout, checks, money orders, support of external payment modules like Cybersource, ePay, eWAY and many more
- Shipping – shipping to multiple addresses, flat rating shipping, supports UPS, UPS XML (account rates), FedEx (account rates), USPS and DHL.
- Checkout – one page checkout, SSL support, checkout without having an account.
- SEO – 100% Search Engine Friendly, Google SiteMap support
- International markets support – multiple languages and currencies, list of allowed countries for registration, purchasing and shipping, localization
- Marketing and Promotional Tools – coupons, discounts and different promotion options.
- Site Management – control of multiple web sites, multiple languages, tax rate with support for US and International markets, customizable outlook